Friday, July 11, 2014

Life Through My Lens -- Keene, NH

This was the only moose I saw in VT
Day two of my road trip was excellent.  After leaving Honesdale this morning in clear, 61 degree weather, I headed for Monticello, NY, and then on to Saugerties.  In Saugerties I met my friend Connie, and we had coffee and studied the maps.  She advised me to take 9W north to the Rip Van Winkle Bridge over the Hudson River in Catskill, NY.


Neatly kept homes are everywhere
Once over the Hudson, I continued on NY 23 to Hillsdale, where the small town was so inviting, I just had to stop for lunch.  There were gift shops, a high end general store, an old inn, and more.  I continued east to Great Barrington, MA, where I picked up Rt. 7 and traveled north to Bennington, VT.  Along the way I drove through small towns and beautiful countryside, with only occasional road work to slow me down.

View from the Camera Bag
At Bennington, I traveled through the mountains along Rt. 9, where the turns were many and the hills were numerous -- just the kind of road my Audi likes!  Climbing from the valley to the summit, the temperature dropped from 78 to 71 in less than 30 minutes.  I was almost tempted to pull over and put on my jacket, but I toughed it out <grin>.  The sky was pure blue, the clouds were puffy white, and there was not a drop of humidity anywhere.

Lipstick on a pig!
I got to Keene around 6 p.m. and chose a downtown hotel so I could walk around and window shop and find dinner.  What did I find but a camera store!  I did not leave empty handed, of course.  I did a nice walk and had dinner, then walked back looking for the full moon.  It was over the hills in the distance, so I had fun playing with lining it up with the street light.

The White Church in Keene
Moonlight over Keene
These cars are everywhere!
It was a great day.  Tomorrow, on to Boothbay, Maine!

***********************************
Click on any photo to enlarge.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net


No comments:

Post a Comment