Saturday, April 6, 2013

Day 216 - Cemetery Circle

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Knoxville Reformed
Pussywillow
The name of this road is highly appropriate, since that is what it pretty much does--it circles a cemetery.  In the center of the circle, which is surrounded by homes on a hillside above Knoxville, MD, is an old cemetery, the Knoxville Reformed.  What appears to be an old stone church is at the edge of the cemetery, but it is now a private home.

Emerging Bud
The circle rises well above the small town of Knoxville, and at the top of the hill, you can see the Potomac River.  It is very close to Harper's Ferry.

Helebore
I had occasion to go to Cemetery Circle today to find the home of Dan and Jim, who were having an open garden.  Lots of daffodils and helebores (aka Lenten Roses) were in bloom, as well as edgeworthia, pussy willow, daphne, camellia, and tulip magnolia.  I spent a lot of time on my knees with a macro lens.

Edgeworthia
Rusty Gate
After I left there, I walked Cemetery Circle, which angled down so steeply in spots that I thought I would slide on the loose gravel of the road.  The walk downhill and then again uphill gave me some good exercise today.

It was a beautiful day to be spent in a garden, and for the next few days, I plan to seek out flowers on my walks, which of course I will share with you!


  ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment