Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 223 - Meadowlark Gardens

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

I apologize in advance that today's walk does not do justice to Meadowlark Gardens in Vienna, Virginia.  I was in a photography course all day long at the gardens, but the majority of the day was spent in a classroom.  When we finally got outside at 5 p.m., I quickly escaped from the group to do a quick tour around the grounds.  It felt good to do something besides sit!

Wedding
There was a wedding going on in the large pavilion.  What a beautiful day, with wonderful temperatures, and a wonderful setting for this ceremony.  Because the wedding officiant was wearing a microphone, those of us nearby could hear every word.
Cherry Blossoms

I walked down the hill to the lake, and along one of the shaded paths by the ruins of a spring house.  Bluebells lined the small stream that ran through the area.

Bluebells
I stopped to take a photo for a family that was taking turns using the camera for photos of each other.  I was able to take a group shot for them with their camera.

This is a place I would love to visit again for a good long walk and a day's outing.  I will be there all day again tomorrow, where we will spend more time outdoors, but I won't have time for my photo walk there.  I will sneak in a few more pix of the place in another blog post, as an extra bonus.







 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment