Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Day 240 - Potomac Garden Center

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

New Pine Growth
Needles and droplets
It was not a great middle of the day.  I took a hard fall when a toddler ran and fell in front of me.  I tripped on her, then put out my hands to break the fall as I watched the tile floor of the public library come up to meet me.  I landed flat on my chest, without hitting my head or cracking my knees. Luckily, both the toddler and I are OK, but these old bones are really going to feel the impact that my wrists, shoulders, and ribs absorbed when I hit the deck. 

That said, my plans to walk at Sugarloaf Mountain to see the azaleas in bloom were put on the back burner.  On my way to Sugarloaf, I pulled into the parking lot of the Potomac Garden Center to pop a couple of Tylenol tablets, and that's when I decided I may as well do my walk there.

Clematis
Pink Dogwood
I got out of the car and circled the property, walking in the wet grass.  My sneakers got soaked, but that served to take my mind off my sore ribs.  After I walked the perimeter, I went into the plant displays in front of the greenhouses and shot a little macro of wet flowers and leaves.  Oh, did I mention, too, that it was raining?

I'm fine, really.  The child was more upset than I was.  She was scared and started hyperventilating and had to be calmed and rocked by her grandmother.  But the library staff gave each of us a sticker, so by the time I left, we were both smiling at each other.  It's amazing what a little sticker can do for one's mood.


Sign on the fence outside the garden center advertising a
cleaning business. Someone needs to proofread.


 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment