Friday, April 26, 2013

Day 236 - Cedar Creek Rd in Townsend

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Crystal's T@b Camper
Daisy Fleabane
While the rest of my photography group took naps, I went for my walk along Cedar Creek Road.  What drew me to this road was a wood carving shop that has most of its work outside on display.  There were all kinds of bears, eagles, and assorted seriousness alongside assorted whimsy. 

I parked at a tubing shop that was closed and walked along the road, coming soon to a campground.  Besides the usual RV's parked there, the campground was having a T@b camper meetup.  What darling little campers these are!  Shaped like a teardrop, these vintage-inspired campers come in a variety of colors and have a variety of accessories.  I talked with one woman, who was sitting outside a baseball cap style camper.  Her camper, which was not a T@b, was painted to look like a library, with a pencil for a back bumper.  She told me all about the T@b campers, and I instantly fell in love.  I want to seriously consider one of these for my future!
Serene Meadow

Riverside Dogwood
Continuing down the road, there were homes on both sides of the street, and those on the river side had backyards set up with fishing patios; all you had to do was step outside your back door and fish.  The water in the river was so clear.  It appeared to be less than four feet deep in most spots.

Sasquatch
Wild Ride!
I ended my walk at Captain Dave's Artistry.  The carvings were amazing; most were done right there on the property, with a chain saw.  Someone obviously had a sense of humor, judging by the various faces and poses on the bears and Sasquatch.

This walk was full of fun and whimsical things to see.  I definitely want to come back to the Smokies.
Privacy, please!
*****************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

3 comments:

  1. I truly appreciate this post. I’ve been looking everywhere for Eagle Cap Campers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is simply excellent and i could assume you’re an expert on eagle cap campers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! My friend has recommended your blog On Eagle Cap Campers and this is superb. After a glance I find a solution to my question. I am proud of your efforts that made a difference.

    ReplyDelete