Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 241 - Rivermist Park

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

??? - Not Queen Anne's Lace
Evil looking Honey Locust
Today I returned to Rivermist Park in Frederick to look for trilliums.  I didn't see any here, but I know they are in bloom now, just not at this park.

The day was fabulous, though, so I walked the long paved path to the end, then crossed over to the island and walked the loop around the island, then back to the paved path again.  There were a number of runners, walkers, and fishermen around, all enjoying the great weather and nature.

Hollow tree trunk
The last of the bluebells
The landscape had changed significantly since I was there a few weeks ago.  There were still a few bluebells, but now tall grasses have taken over, obscuring the lesser celandines and making great hiding places for Mr. Slithers.  One fisherman told me he had already seen three snakes on the paths.  I kept a wary eye after that.

Take advantage of getting out into this fabulous weather, if you can.  Rivermist Park is a great place to appreciate nature, even the slithery kind.
Reflections

Layers of color













 ******************

 

Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment