Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day 249 - My Neighborhood in Watercolor

(Click on any photo to enlarge it.)

Some days, I just run out of time.  Of course, I never realize that beforehand.  On the days that I know I am going to have a tight schedule, I plan for my walk.  But on days like today, when one thing after another kept me from getting around to it, I just had to give in and finally at 4:00, I realized I would need to walk in my neighborhood.

So, to make it a little different from a typical walk around familiar surroundings, I decided to use the "watercolor painting" effect setting on my camera.  It yielded some interesting results.

And, of course, right after my walk, my daughter showed up with my grandchildren, they needed dinner, one thing let to another, and suddenly it was 8:30.  At least I did not end up having to do a night walk.

I'm not complaining.  Life just goes in unexpected ways sometimes.  Today it was about getting the walk done.  Other days it's about getting great photos.  The best days are when both the walk and the photos are great.  That's pretty much how life goes, isn't it?

























Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

1 comment:

  1. Is this a setting on your photo editor or did you do this on the camera?

    ReplyDelete