Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 251 - New Market, MD

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Getting ready for the party!
Wet Rhodos
When time constraints and threatening rain figure prominently in my day, I am glad to have a wonderful walking place so close to home.

Little New Market, Maryland, is my home address, and the small historic town along the Old National Pike always gives me interesting things to photograph, even if I have walked or driven through it numerous times.

Most common Saturday morning
sign in America
On this gray Saturday morning, I chose New Market for two big reasons.  First, I have to go to Annapolis for photographing a wedding this afternoon (I am the second shooter, a job I love), and second, I had a little mishap yesterday with my foot, causing me to be wearing a boot to keep my foot from bending.

My stylish new footwear.
I am telling you about the foot injury not to have you think, "Oh, she is such a martyr -- walking even through the pain," but more because I have always been honest about my walks, and I realize that there are those of you who read this blog who live with pain or disability every day.  So with the help of a little Aleve and the stabilizing boot (thank you, PT daughter, for the loan of it), I was able to complete my walk for today.  And with the help of some long, flowy black pants this afternoon, it should not be too conspicuous at the wedding, I hope.

Sidewalk Art by Nature
Seriously; it's time to
take this down.
A Saturday morning in New Market is much like a Saturday morning in any other small town.  Besides some yard sales, the only other activity was at the newly renovated fire hall, where the volunteers were setting up for a gala rededication ceremony.  They invited me to come back later, when they were all in dress uniform, but I had to turn down the invitation. 

Enjoy your Saturday, wherever you are, and I hope the weather does not interfere too much with your plans.




Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment