Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 255 - East Side of Frederick

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

The most colorful house on
the block
Neglected
Today, I had to buy a new battery for the Hummingbird Feeder.  No, I do not have a newfangled, electric feeder for hummingbirds.  Those who are close friends know that my red convertible is named the Hummingbird Feeder, because like it does for a hummingbird, its red color drew me right to it on the used car lot almost two years ago.  It is my fair weather car, and today we finally had weather fair enough to use it.

Veins
After two battery cable jumps by helpful neighbors in the same day, I realized the battery would not hold a charge.  Therefore, I could not drive somewhere for my walk, park it, and count on having it start up again.  So, I drove it to Kreitz Auto on East Street in Frederick, and while they were replacing the battery, I did my walk.

New Orleans Courtyard?
I walked west on Fourth Street to Market, then north on Market, east on Fifth Street back to East, etc., continuing to zig-zag the blocks between East and Market until I finished at Seventh Street.  Then I returned to Kreitz.
What do they do there?
All wires lead here.

Patriotric Porch
No matter how often I walk in downtown Frederick, there is always interesting material.

Today's circumstances led to a good walk.  Isn't it great how it sometimes turns out that way?










Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment