Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 279 - Moon Walk

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

It's going to be a busy, busy day, so I needed to do my walk early this morning, as well as right here in my neighborhood.  On the way out the door, I decided to challenge myself by looking for man-made patterns other than the obvious brick walls and lattice work on decks. 

While walking through the neighborhood, which I did for a good 40 minutes, examining the phenomenal growth of my development, I found a few patterns, said hello to neighbors out walking their dogs, and just enjoyed the quiet morning and the cool, rain-free air.

I knew that my daughter might label this as one of my most boring walks ever (so far, the "logo walk" along Thomas Johnson Drive holds that distinction, in her opinion), so I thought about ways I could spice it up.  As I passed the spot where I took the full moon pictures, I had the idea of turning the patterns black and white and then imposing them over the full moon -- sort of a statement of man leaving his mark on the moon.

So, here is something different for today.  I'm off to the shower, then to Baltimore to photograph the wedding of the oldest son of my good friend Joan.  "To the moon, Alice!"







Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment