Monday, June 10, 2013

Day 281 - Spring Ridge

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

Mismatched boots in the rain
Mulberries to be
I should have borrowed a dog for my walk today.  After all, that would be the only reasonable explanation as to why a woman wearing a compression boot would be out walking alone in the rain today.

Oh, did I neglect to tell you yesterday that I'm back in the boot?  Well, I had a good reason not to tell you.  I figured that whatever I did to my foot again (perhaps it was not fully healed from the last time) would be gone by today, and I knew that with a location like Lilypons, where I was guaranteed to get good photos, I would not need to blame either the boot or the rain for less than satisfactory shots.  But today, both the boot and the rain teamed up to conspire against me, so I can blame THIS less than satisfactory walk and photos on those extenuating circumstances.

Big and little oak leaves
I walked the walking trail at Spring Ridge for about a mile, taking the same route I did back in the winter on a previous walk.  The only other walkers I saw were a woman with two dogs and a couple of boys rollerblading while holding umbrellas.

Rain brings bumper crops of these.
My live-in physical therapists say that the best treatment for my foot is elevation and ice.  So, as soon as I finish this entry, I'm going to prop myself up in a chair with a book.  I have decided to take a two-pronged approach to the icing -- I'll drape a bag of frozen peas over my left foot and hold a dish of ice cream in my right hand.  A balanced approach seems best.

It turns out that even lame walks can sometimes have satisfying outcomes.


 Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment