Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 293 - Quick Draw!

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

Serious Concentration
I love his shorts!
Today was the great event known as Quick Draw.  Part of the Easels in Frederick activities, it involved 70 artists all painting within 6 blocks of downtown Frederick streets, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.

A whistle sounded to signal for the artists to begin, and they quickly began sketching and planning their compositions.  I walked the entire six block area along Market, Patrick, and East Streets (at Shab Row) at least twice over, taking one or more photos of each artist.  The weather could not have been more perfect.  Not too hot (yet), low humidity, and some puffy white clouds in a blue sky.

Not thrilled by Quick Draw
An Azure Sky
After the whistle blew to signal the end, the artists brought their canvases to Memorial Park so that they could be judged.  I ended up buying one of the paintings, by artist Susan Lynn.  She was one of the juried artists for Easels.

Dick Blick's best customer!
Christina Body
 It was a great event, and now that Easels is over, it will be back to life as normal -- whatever that is.
Off to NY tomorrow for a Finger Lake vacation!

Most Colorful Artist

Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment