Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 303 - Rocky Point Creamery

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

Yum!
Sunny even in the rain.
I picked up Norma (I dangled the promise of ice cream and sunflowers in front of her, and she decided she could clean the house tonight), and we took a long ride in the country to find the Rocky Point Creamery.

Unfortunately, it started to rain as soon as we got there.  Small drops were wind driven, quickly getting on the lens of our cameras.  However, there were still some bees working the flowers, and goldfinches flitting above.  They did not mind the rain.

The dairy farm
Ice Cream Shop
I got out an umbrella from the car that quickly turned useless, practically folding in half (time to get a new one).  But I did the best I could, walking the perimeter of the property, which is a working dairy farm.  At the front of the property is the large ice cream shop, with plastic cow benches outside.  To the right of the shop is a large sunflower field, and if you buy cut flowers for a dollar apiece, the funds are donated to St. Jude's. 

Chickens in the yard
Down the ramp!
After my walk, of course we got ice cream.  There were at least a dozen flavors to choose from, all homemade, and all delicious. 

On the way back home, we stopped by a farm with a bunch of little brown and white chickens going in and out of an old trailer.  I've included a couple of pix here, as a bonus.

So, despite the rain, this photo walk in the country was very worthwhile, thanks to the sunflowers, the chickens, and especially the ice cream!





Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment