Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 332 - Centennial Park

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

The Fishing Tree
I finally learned the name of this
parasite. It's called Dodder.
I had business in Howard County today, so I chose Centennial Park for my walk.  I parked at the boat ramp, which allows canoers, kayakers, and boaters with electric motors to enjoy the waters.

There is a paved 2.4 mile loop around the lake, which passes natural areas preserved for wildlife and goes through an arboretum with marked trees.  There are picnic areas, benches to sit on for watching the water, and pavilions to rent for larger group events.

Ms. Mallard
Web Worms are in full force.
People were fishing, kayaking, and rowing boats on the lake.  Joggers, walkers, and bikers were all using the paved path.

Wildflowers were blooming along the edges of the lake, attracting butterflies and bees.  Occasional groups of geese and ducks could be seen in the water.  Large areas of the lake also had water lilies in bloom.

Enjoying the water
Black Swallotails on Milkweed
This park is a great local resource.  Lots of people were enjoying it today.  The 2.4 mile loop was just the right distance for my photo walk.  If I lived nearby, I'd visit it regularly, because it is a great resource for the local residents.




Father and Son


Save the date!  Monday, September 2, will be the last day of my year long photo walk project, and I'm planning a big celebration walk with anyone who wants to join me!  September 2 is also Labor Day, so many of you will have the day off.  The walk will be in downtown Frederick, around 9 a.m., followed by a brunch.  More details will be posted on my blog as they get confirmed.  But mark your calendars, grab your cameras, put on your walking shoes, and join me for my final Daily Photo Walk.  Let's jam the streets of Frederick with photo walkers! 


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment