Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 322 - Ocean City

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

Osprey Incoming
Can you spot the egret?
I am staying with my family at a luxurious suite hotel in Ocean City, known as The Edge.  Located right on the edge of the Assawoman Bay, the view from our room includes the pool, an osprey nest with babies, the Rt. 90 bridge, the Lighthouse Hotel, and marshy island bird sanctuary located in the bay. This morning as I type this on the balcony, I can see parasailers, jet skiers, seagulls, and my grandchildren swimming in the pool below.

Lighthouse Hotel
We are here because my daughter's good friend got married yesterday, and I came along to watch the kids while they were at the wedding.  This morning, when everyone got up, I took off to walk along the bayside path and bridges that connect the hotels to Fager's Island, between 56th and 60th Streets.

Redwinged Blackbird
There were ducks, redwinged blackbirds, and a reclusive white egret in the marshy area on the bayside.  I was able to get fairly close to the blackbirds.  I walked east on 56th Street to Coastal Highway, then north until I got to 60th Street.  I walked down 60th to Fager's Island, then crossed the footbridge to return to the Edge.

Reflections of Ocean City
We did not get the storms last night that might have cooled things off.  It is still quite hot and sticky here at the beach.  The afternoon will probably be spent at the ocean.

Parking Lot Sign
This hotel is made for couples and lovers.  Families, not so much.  Our room has a heart shaped jacuzzi, a gas fireplace, plush white robes, turndown service, and spectacular views.  But hey -- I will enjoy it while I can.  Just shove aside the Elmo books, the swimmies, and the bags of Cheerios, and make room for me in the cabana.

Keeping company with Lamborghinis this weekend!










Save the date!  Monday, September 2, will be the last day of my year long photo walk project, and I'm planning a big celebration walk with anyone who wants to join me!  September 2 is also Labor Day, so many of you will have the day off.  The walk will be in downtown Frederick, around 9 a.m., followed by a brunch.  More details will be posted on my blog as they get confirmed.  But mark your calendars, grab your cameras, put on your walking shoes, and join me for my final Daily Photo Walk.  Let's jam the streets of Frederick with photo walkers! 

Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

1 comment:

  1. I hope I can make the last day of your walk. It's been a wonderful photo record of great things to see near and far! Thank you so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete