Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day 318 - Lilypons, Again!

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

Let me pose for you!
Lotus face up
It's hard to stay away from Lilypons.  My friend Norma wanted to go there today, and I learned yesterday that a group of Frederick Plein Air painters were going to be there, so I agreed to go back.  I also broke my vow to walk during this heat in either early morning, in shady places, or in the evening, but late morning is when the lilies and lotus are open, so off we went.

The Pink House/Shop
I showed Norma all the "good" places to get closeups of lotus, reflections of water lilies, etc.  The painters arrived after 10 a.m., seeking out shady spots to set up their canvases, but there were few to choose from that also had the views they wanted to capture.

Fish in the bubbles
I spent some time photographing in the fish tanks, after doing some walking around the property.  It was hot, but seeking out shady spots every now and then helped.

Something's Fishy
Again, no words are really needed to describe walking around Lilypons, but the water lilies and lotus are at their peaks of beauty right now, so I hope you will understand why I agreed to go back again...and again...and again... 

Stay cool in this heat, friends!

Abstract Fish and Bubbles
Deb Lovelace Richardson














Save the date!  Monday, September 2, will be the last day of my year long photo walk project, and I'm planning a big celebration walk with anyone who wants to join me!  September 2 is also Labor Day, so many of you will have the day off.  The walk will be in downtown Frederick, around 9 a.m., followed by a brunch.  More details will be posted on my blog as they get confirmed.  But mark your calendars, grab your cameras, put on your walking shoes, and join me for my final Daily Photo Walk.  Let's jam the streets of Frederick with photo walkers! 


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment