Saturday, August 3, 2013

Day 335 - Neighborhood Fun with Flowers

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

***Scroll down to see my offer for Red Cross donations.***

I've got a full day scheduled today, including a printing workshop (taking, not teaching) and dinner out downtown, enjoying First Saturday activities.  That means that my walk had to be early, right here in the neighborhood.

As soon as I left the house at 6:07 a.m., random raindrops started to fall.  They were just enough to make spots on the sidewalk, and the clouds were breaking up in the sky, so I continued the walk, doing all of the streets in my neighborhood.

Now, of course I love my neighborhood, but there is not a lot of photographic variety here.  That's why I go to the lengths I do to find interesting venues for my walks.  It keeps me motivated.  Walking in my neighborhood does not, but it will do when I am in a time crunch.  Honestly, the main thing that kept me motivated this morning was knowing that there was a pot of coffee ready for me when I got home.

I found a great stand of rudbeckia, so I photographed it, then played around with some of the filters in Photoshop that I had not used before.

I hope you all have a great Saturday.  Maybe I'll see some of you downtown tonight!


Raindrops on the retention pond

The Extrude Filter

The Tilt Shift Filter

The Swirl Filter

The Wave Filter

Save the date!  Monday, September 2, will be the last day of my year long photo walk project, and I'm planning a big celebration walk with anyone who wants to join me!  September 2 is also Labor Day, so many of you will have the day off.  The walk will be in downtown Frederick, around 9 a.m., followed by a brunch.  More details will be posted on my blog as they get confirmed.  But mark your calendars, grab your cameras, put on your walking shoes, and join me for my final Daily Photo Walk.  Let's jam the streets of Frederick with photo walkers! 


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment