Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 358 - My first iPhone walk

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Please join me on the last day, September 2, for a celebration photo walk!  Registration details are here.

Today I did a grand experiment. My entire blog post today was done via the iPhone. 

I know that there are people who read my blog who think they could never do this. But for the busy mom or office worker who just wants the accountability for doing a daily walk, using a Smartphone may be just the thing. It can be as simple as doing a lunch break walk, snapping a photo of the same street corner each time, and then posting it on Facebook. 

Someone else may say they don't have a fancy camera. Well, today's pix were taken with the phone camera and processed using editing apps. Today I used Snapseed and Painteresque. 

Someone else may say they don't have a computer and fancy software. Today I am pecking out this blog entry using the blogger app and my stylus. I am awful at using my fingers on these tiny keys, and for some reason, speech to text is grayed out. More to figure out. 

I parked at Fairview Chapel on Boyer's Mill Road. I took some pix in the grayeyard, then went walking in the Coldstream area of Lake Linganore where I found a butterfly bush. 

I have a lot more to learn about phone photography and editing, so today's blog entry took a lot more time than it should have. But with practice, and if  I could get the speech to text thing to be available, this method of walking and taking pix and blogging is actually a pretty decent alternative to using a regular camera and then processing on a computer. It could all be done while commuting on the Metro. 

Just be sure that your phone is well charged, or you could run out of pow





Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment