Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 355 - A Walk in the Rain

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Please join me on the last day, September 2, for a celebration photo walk!  Registration details are here.

Drippy Dahlia
I see me!
Rainy days...in a couple of weeks, I won't have to make myself get out and walk in the rain.  But today, because it was raining, I decided to make the most of it and concentrate on photos that I couldn't take unless it was raining.  And because I could do that almost anywhere, I decided to do it right here in my neighborhood.

I don't have much to report about my walk, other than I did the neighborhood loop, so I will tell you how I got the last photo.

Circles among circles!
Isn't water amazing?
I took an old frame that had a clear piece of glass in it.  I sprayed it with Rain-X, which will make the water bead up on the surface.  I placed in on the front steps to collect rain while I did my walk.

When I got back home, I held the frame up over a pink rose that is growing in a pot on my front doorstep.  The raindrops act like little mirrors, reflecting the flower from below.

I also had a treat today -- it is a thrill when I get an email from someone I don't know, who tells me about the effect that my blog has had on them.  Today Lois wrote to tell me that she lived in New Market on Central Church Road back in the early 1960's.  She said that my walks make her homesick for the area, and she appreciates the memories they bring back.  Her family moved away in 1963.  I just love getting feedback like that from people I don't even know.  It makes me realize there are lots of other people on this adventure with me.
Rain-X Fun!

If you find yourself out in the rain, feel free to jump in a puddle.  You may as well enjoy it.







Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

1 comment: