Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 360 - Sykesville, MD

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Please join me on the last day, September 2, for a celebration photo walk!  Registration details are here.

St. Paul's Methodist
Gives new meaning to
"house over garage."
Sykesville is a place I have walked before, but tonight I wanted to go to dinner there before a camera club meeting nearby.  Norma and I parked at Baldwin Station on Main Street, and we walked north on Main Street until we ran out of sidewalk, then came back down Main Street, turned on Church Street, and then returned back to Baldwin Station via Norwood Avenue.

Ladder to nowhere
It was about 5:20 when we arrived, so most of the small shops along Main Street were closed.  There are some gift shops, an antique shop, a clothing shop, a dog grooming business, and a business specializing in robotics.

Addams Family?
The town is still an active railroad town, and as I wrote before, it is like a smaller version of Ellicott City.  The Patapsco River runs south of Main Street; then there is the railroad tracks; then there is an historic train station, and then shops line Main Street, many built into repurposed old granite homes and hotels.

The St. Paul's Methodist Church is a beautiful building, always a pleasure to photograph.  Baldwin Station is now a restaurant, with outdoor seating options lining the track.

Caboose Steps, Going Down
It was a great little town to visit, but we had to walk, eat, and run. 




Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment