Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 356 - Downtown Frederick at Night

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Please join me on the last day, September 2, for a celebration photo walk!  Registration details are here.

One of the chefs
Upside down images!
A summer evening on a downtown Saturday night when there is low humidity and great temperatures is a real treat.  People are out, some shops are open, and there are lots of great photo opportunities.

The trick, however, is working with the low lighting conditions.  I upped my ISO, steadied myself on a lampost or a parking meter, and took lots and lots of shots, hoping for the best.  If I had not been going out to dinner beforehand, I would have toted a tripod along for my shots.  It would have made a world of difference.

Evangelical Lutheran
Cool Eyeglasses
This week is Frederick Farm to Fork, so Norma and I went to Ayse Meze Lounge for dinner.  Everything we had was great and at least 60% of it was local.  The eggplant cheesecake was fabulous.

We then walked down Church Street, back to Market, and along Carroll Creek.  It was a great evening with great food and photos, even though they were a bit challenging.  Many of them came out golden, due to the sodium vapor lights.

Hope you had a great evening, too!
Chandelier

Carroll Creek Cascade

Pink Waterlily
White Waterlily

 Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment