Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 341 - Market Square

(Click any photo to enlarge.)

Please join me on the last day, September 2, for a celebration photo walk!  Registration details are here.

It was hard to find inspiration today.  It was cloudy, muggy, and occasionally a light rain would fall.  Unlike now -- it's absolutely pouring outside!  I'm glad I decided to get in a walk when I did.

Because I needed to go to the grocery store, I decided to walk at Market Square, the new shopping center across from Wegman's.  There is plenty of walking opportunity there, between the new shopping areas and the new townhouses.  I knew it would be a challenge to come up with interesting photos, so I decided to "collect" patterns and textures, which I later put into a collage.

This shopping center is best characterized by its plethora of chain stores:  Pier 1 Imports, Pet Smart, Noodles and Company, McDonald's, Jimmy Johns, Home Goods, and more.  It can also be characterized by its confusing parking areas and traffic.  Perhaps when it is all finished it will make more sense.

So, although this blog entry is short, the walk was not.  Nothing was inspiring.  Some days are just like that, and I am grateful that in this year of photo walking, I can count on one hand the walks that my biggest critic (my daughter Lauren) will tell me was "boring."  She tends to call it like it is.  Sorry, I just can't be sparkling and witty all the time! 







Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Forward me by email any receipt for an online donation made to the Red Cross for disaster relief, and I will send you a 5x7 print of your choice from any of my daily photo walks or from my website.  Offer good until September 2, 2013.

Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use whatever camera is easy and convenient for walking comfortably; always have a backup camera at the ready in case of mishaps (I use the Nikon Coolpix P7700)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment