Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 15 - The Great Frederick Fair



This is the 150th year of the Great Frederick Fair.  It is typical of many agriculturally based fairs:  animals, midway, 4-H projects, and fair food.  Here is the link to their website:  Great Frederick Fair

I decided there could be no better place than the Great Frederick Fair for my walk today.  I parked a quarter mile away at my bank branch, then walked to the entrance.  Bonus:  free admission because of my senior citizen status!

I walked the entire grounds, eating a pint of pumpkin ice cream from South Mountain Creamery.  The midway rides and games were not operating yet, but workers were busy setting them up for the day.


I plan to go back on Wednesday night with some photo club friends to get nighttime shots.

Find a local fair or carnival and have fun!


************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment