Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 19 - Gaver's Pumpkin Patch/Tree Farm

Mr & Mrs Scarecrow
What better way to celebrate the last day of summer than by jumping forward into fall at the local pumpkin patch?  It was another glorious day, with blue sky, puffy clouds, and low humidity.  It's the kind of weather we here in the Mid-Atlantic truly appreciate after our hot, steamy summer days.


I loved the shadow play on this pumpkin.
This is a small portion of the farm.
Gaver's is not only a pumpkin patch, but a tree farm, too.  They really know how to capitalize on the fun with games, slides, farm animals, hay rides, and multiple mazes.  The moms with the preschool set were in attendance today; they were smart to avoid the weekend crowds.


Leaves of three -- leave them be!




The 50 acre site has plenty of parking, acres of Christmas trees, lots and lots of pumpkins, a corn maze, a pond, and an apple orchard.  I was able to walk along much of the perimeter of the farm, with only one hayride passing me by.  I ended up my walk in the kids' play area, then I bought some apples and winter squash on my way out.  I took 40 photos today, but alas, I'm not putting that many in this post!


We're having apple crisp with vanilla ice cream tonight.  Yum!


*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment