Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day 23 - Greenview

Because I have a really full day planned, I decided to do the first post about a walk in my neighborhood, which is formally known as "Signature Club at Greenview."  

It is a beautiful Ryan Homes community in New Market, MD, for residents 55 and older.  Even though some may confuse this kind of community with a retirement community, and even my daughters jokingly refer to this neighborhood as "the old folks home," the truth is that we are all so busy with working, volunteering, traveling, socializing, exercising, etc., that the times we usually see our neighbors is when they are coming or going.  My own daughters realized early on that if they wanted to spend time with me, they needed to get it on my calendar.  I think that is true with the majority of the residents here.

The street I live on borders a farm, and there are often spectacular morning sunrises with fabulous mists in the low-lying parts.  I'll get up really early one morning for my walk and take some of those pix.

There is a lot of construction going in here in the neighborhood.  New homes are selling quickly here, and even ones that are for resale generally don't stay on the market for very long.



Signs of fall are everywhere.  
This morning was the kind of morning that you start out with a sweatshirt and a scarf at the beginning of your walk, but by the end of it, both scarf and sweatshirt are tied around your waist.



Now I'm off to the rest of my busy day!



Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment