Monday, September 3, 2012

Inspiration Comes When You Least Expect It

It took a few days for inspiration to finally gel in my head.  I had seen the signs, but they did not come together for some reason until this morning, Labor Day, 2012.

New Market, MD - September 3, 2012
My friend and fellow photographer, Erin Merritt, began a new Grateful project, where she posts a photo related to a "grateful message" that someone else sent her that day.  A few months ago, she finished a 365 Grateful project, where she posted a photo a day for a year for something she was grateful for.  Yesterday, I again watched the movie "Julie & Julia," where Julie Foster determines to cook one of Julia Childs' recipes every day for a year. 

This morning, it occurred to me that those two things were related -- I needed to complete my own 365 project, too.  But what could it be? 

I have never been an exerciser.  I might make a weak resolution every New Years,  but generally, just going out for a walk for the sake of exercising bores me.  But if you put a camera around my neck, and put me in a small town, I can easily walk for an hour.  So, that's what I decided to do -- a daily photo walk!

I live near New Market, MD, a quaint little town in central Maryland.  I am 12 minutes from downtown Frederick.  And nearby are Libertytown, Brunswick, Walkersville, Burtonsville, Jefferson... 

As I walked today in dripping humidity, I worked out some "rules" in my head.  I will not bore you with those today.  Just know that my top rules are to do a photo walk every day, to post a photo daily on this blog, and to use my Nikon P7100.

I can do this!  Day one is in the books!

Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to follow your 365! I've tried twice and didn't make it more than a month or two. I am itching to start a new one sometime though...
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jess. We'll see if I can surpass your "month or two." You've just given me motivation to do just that!

      Delete