Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 16 - Frederick in the Rain

Am I glad that I did my walk before the torrential rains began!  Right now, sheets of rain are pounding the windows, flooding the streets, and causing cancellations of events right and left.

I must admit, though, knowing that this was predicted, I was anxious to test both my rain gear and my resolve, so I did wait until it was at least raining to begin my walk.  I suited up with my new Columbia Omni-Tech waterproof rain jacket, my new rain boots, and my rain hat.  Luckily, my jacket was big enough that I could zip it up over both my camera and my pack (in which I carry keys, wallet, umbrella, business cards, emergency poncho, towel, etc.).  Again, I realized that my Nikon P7100 is really the way to go for these daily walks.  My DSLR would not have fit under the jacket.

It was not raining torrents when I got there, but by the time my walk was finished an hour later, it certainly was.

All my gear performed well, but next time, I am wearing my rain pants!

The rain and wind were causing waves of water to roll down
the streets.

 
A rainy window at Volt.


The drain at the parking garage could not keep up.




*************************************************
 
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:

  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment