Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 3: "Rules of the Road"

So far, my rules for this endeavor are:
  1. walk every day
  2. post a photo every day
  3. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  4. no weather excuses

A rule that I am going to have a little trouble with is this:  the photo walk must be in addition to any other planned activity I have for the day.  For example, today I took my four-year-old grandson to the outlets to buy shoes.  I could have rationalized the fact that I would be doing a lot of walking there, so I could have snapped a picture at the outlets.  But no!  The photo must be taken on a walk that is in addition to any planned activity.  For example, I could drive to Hagerstown, walk the downtown streets, and then go the outlets.  But not with a four-year-old in tow.  I had to come up with Plan B.

Plan B turned out to be a walk around the hilly Pinehurst neighborhood of Lake Linganore.  My daughter called this morning to ask me to run by her house to turn off a sprinkler running in the backyard.  So that became my photo walk location for today.
Dare to Be Different!
At the Pinehurst subdivision in Lake Linganore


Unfortunately, there were no great photo ops, which made me realize that there are going to be many mundane walks and/or mundane photos.  But the goal is to get out and move, so the photo's purpose really is just "proof" that I was where I said I was. 

While at the outlets, I bought waterproof rain gear to prepare for bad weather walks, as well as a messenger style rain resistant pouch that can double as a purse, to contain my emergency info, keys, emergency poncho, cell phone, etc.

Thanks for the support and encouragement I am getting.  However, right now, it's easy.  I'll need some cheering on when the wind is blowing and the rain is pouring down.  On those days, a walk around the cul-de-sac at the end of the street will make today's walk look exciting!

*****************************
Visit my website:  camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment