Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 100 - Annapolis, the Capital of Maryland

The State House
Gary McGinnis
What a great day for my 100th consecutive walk!  The rain and mist finally left, the air was chilly but not cold, and although the sky was overcast, it was great walking weather.

I met a new photographer friend, Gary McGinnis, and we parked at the Visitor Center, right in the heart of downtown.  No sooner did we hit the streets than we were photographing the Governor's Mansion, the Statehouse, St. Anne's Church, and other historic buildings.  Everything was beautifully decorated for Christmas.

All decked out for Christmas!
We found various reflections, colorful storefronts, and occasional oddities along the way.  One of my favorite sites was the old Shiplap house, one of the oldest structures in town, because it was decorated with boxwood wreaths studded with oyster shells, apples, and kumquats.  The house is located on historic Pinkney Street, which is lined with beautiful row houses, some painted quite colorfully.

This place must be famous.
We ate lunch at Middleton's Tavern, down by the waterfront.  The Naval Academy was nearby, which will be the scene of another walk on another day.



Shiplap House

29 Pinkney Street
Is there any doubt this is Annapolis?
State House Reflection
State House Doors



Me!

 Thank you, Gary, for joining me on my walk today.  I'll get busy thinking about where my 150th day walk will be, on Wednesday, January 30!







Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

2 comments:

  1. Congratulation on reaching 100 consecutive days of photo walk. Quite a feat! I really enjoy your photo blogs.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading. I am loving these photo walks. Happy holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete