Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 90 - Sunrise and Sunset

Sunset -- I never saw the sun rise;
too foggy/cloudy this morning.
Today has been my biggest challenge to date.  Time was of the essence, and we are in the shortest days of the year right now.

I had to be in Catoctin Village today at 8 a.m. for a Christmas festival, where I was hoping to sell some of my old style coaster tile and some matted prints.  I left the house at 7 a.m., which is before sunrise (7:10 today).  On the way, I stopped at Lewistown to see about walking at the St. John the Baptist Church there.  I was able to park at the church, but the graveyard was small, the road was narrow with no shoulders, and the sky was grey.  I snapped a few pix, then left for the festival.

St. John the Baptist Church
I got packed up from the festival by 4:20 and then went to find Loys Station Park, where there is a covered bridge.  Sunset was at 4:46, so I knew I would only have a short window of time.  I got there around 4:30 and parked, but my nemesis, a lone parked vehicle with a man inside was right there at the park.  As a lone female, I often worry about safety in areas like parks, especially when no one else is there.

I got out of my car and headed right for the covered bridge, knowing that there would be cars on the road.  The bridge has quite a history:  http://www.mdcoveredbridges.com/loys.html.  I am glad it has been restored for Frederick County to enjoy.  There are a couple of other covered bridges I want to find, too.

Loys Station Covered Bridge
Anyway, I snapped some pix and then looked up and down the road both ways.  Cars were already using headlights, so I could see if any were approaching.  I sprinted through the single lane bridge to the other side, snapped a few more, and then ran back through.

I was there probably 15 minutes, and the lone vehicle was still there.

I'm off to babysit again for the night, at the house with no Internet, so this is a quick blog entry, photo wise.  I never seem to be at a loss for words.  I need to be there soon, or this entry could have waited until the kids were in bed.

Not a great walk, but picture worthy sites that I will revisit with my camera sometime in better light.

Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment