Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 103 - Central Church Road

Sugar Coated Leaves
Temperature at beginning of walk:  36 degrees
Cold weather prep:  long johns, turtleneck, scarf, gloves, hat, mid-weight coat

Morning Scenery
It is a cold, frosty morning, with one of those clear blue skies that is almost hazy from the sunshine being so bright.  I drove to Central Church, parked at the chapel, and took off down Central Church Road.  I discovered this road when I walked Drummine Road before on Day 96.  As I explore the area where I live, I am constantly discovering places that are good for photo walks and add them to my ever growing list of places to go.

Farm fields
I found fabulous frosted leaves soon after starting down the road.  I put my little Nikon on the micro macro setting, and even without a tripod, it took super sharp shots.

Crystal Patterns
The country lane is beautiful, following rolling hills past fenced farmland, into a little wooded section, and then down more rolling hills and farmland.  Only a few cars passed by me on my three mile walk.

Temperature after 45 minutes of walking:  37 degrees
Clothing Changes:  no hat, no gloves, no scarf, coat unzipped


Central Church Road
I had a great workout walk, for sure!
Curious Onlookers













Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment