Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 94 - Night Walk in Frederick

I had a great walk tonight!  I was out in downtown Frederick for 50 minutes, taking in the lights and the sights.  I love Frederick, and I am comfortable walking by myself in the dark.  I do not go down dark alleyways, and I walk briskly and with a purposeful air.  So far, I have not encountered any situations I felt were dangerous or threatening, but I am careful to keep aware of my surroundings and who is around me.

I used the special settings on my Nikon P7100 for nighttime, landscape.  I sometimes took a shot with my usual aperture priority settings, to compare, and there was a big difference in the way the photos looked.  Of course, I had a little less flexibility with the nighttime settings, especially with the way the camera chose what to focus on, and it would only shoot in jpeg mode, not camera raw, but when I felt that I needed a sharper focus point, such as when I was focusing through store windows, I would switch the settings and then switch back.

The little tripod I bought was also helpful, because not only could I wrap the legs of it around a light pole or set it on top of a parking meter, if needed, but I could also stabilize it against my chest or leg, if I wanted to.  I am going to keep it in the car from now on, so it is handy for other times I might need it.

Enjoy my shots from tonight.  I had a great time!

Doorway

Evangelical Lutheran

City Hall Fountain

One of the several iron dogs

Elves not at work

The leg lamp!!  A major award!!

Pop Stars

A web of lights


Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment