Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 113 - Twenty Doors of Christmas

It's Christmas Eve, so I thought it might be good to walk through my little town of New Market.  After all, I have been out admiring so many other little towns, and I knew that New Market would be equally charming, especially on Christmas Eve.

I had fun collecting these twenty doors of Christmas.  It was sort of tricky, on the doors with reflective glass, not to get myself in the picture.  A little careful angling when I took the photo and then a little careful distorting in Photoshop helped to keep me out of focus.  I was happy so many of the doors did not have glass!  Another thing I was grateful for was that most of them did not have cars parked in front, so I could easily stand to get the shot.  Before I get comments that I should turn these photos into one of those "Doors of New Market" posters like they have in towns like Annapolis and Williamsburg, rest assured that that is something I am considering doing -- after the New Year.

I am having a quiet Christmas Eve tonight with my parents.  I'll go with my mother to hear her sing in the choir, and we'll have a nice dinner.  I'll spend the night there, and then tomorrow I will take dinner over and visit the grandchildren....if I can find them under all the wrapping paper balls and empty boxes that will surely be strewn about the living room.


I'm so grateful that I am able to do these walks every day.  So many people are so stressed and busy this time of year that a photo walk would be out of the question.  However, I have the time, the ability, and the resources to pull it off, and I am happy to share my little adventures with you.  I'm even more thrilled that you choose to follow them.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

(Click on any photo to enlarge.)












Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment