Friday, December 7, 2012

Day 96 - Drummine Road


Today I took a country walk down Drummine Road.  There is an old chapel at one end of it, with a graveyard.  It is known as Central Church, built in 1843, but it is now a United Methodist Church.  The old graveyard is surrounded by an iron fence and there are old cedar trees among the graves.

After spending some time in the graveyard, I walked down the road to its end, where there is a beautiful farm.  I loved the quilt block look of its fencing and pastures.

As I near 100 days, I have come to regard photo walking as my full time job.  It is routine, it is something I must do every day, and best of all, I am doing what I love.  I have to fit it in, no excuses, or my tough boss will fire me!  The main exception with this job and my previous years of employment is that there are no holidays or weekends.  Of course, there is no paycheck, either, but the benefits of fresh air and exercise and the ability to take photos everyday make it all worthwhile.  And hopefully no sick days will be needed!


Central Church

Hunting Lotte Farm

Resting in Peace

Waiting for Christmas Eve

Not my farm, unfortunately


Hurricane Sandy Relief:  Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross.  Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address.  The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient.  Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter:  @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment