Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Day 115 - Stayed Close to Home

This morning around 8 a.m. it started to snow.  By 9:30 it was coming down pretty well and the forecast was calling for a couple of inches of snow before it all turned to rain this afternoon.  It is now 11:45, and it is still snowing a little, but sleet is mixed in.

I know that I have been wanting it to snow, so that I can go out and get those great shots of lone trees in white fields, but to tell the truth, because I live by myself and have no one to go with me for a drive out on rural roads in the snow, I err on the side of caution and stick close to home.  For me, the best kind of snow would be the kind that starts at night, and by morning, the roads are clear and then I can get out in it.

So for today, I walked for 45 minutes in my neighbhorhood.  I layered up and headed out.  Walking in the snow (about 2 inches deep) was easy, and because in this area we may get even more, according to the latest updates, perhaps tomorrow I will get those snow shots I want.

When I got home I shoveled the steps and the walk and filled the bird feeders.  I hung the new snowman bird seed feeder that my daughter gave me for Christmas near the dining room window, hoping to attract a few to the front of the house.

It's time for hot cocoa and a good book.









Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment