Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 154 - The Trail at Thomas Farm

(Click on any photo to enlarge.)
Dried maple seeds

The barn at Thomas Farm
This crazy weather again -- snow last night, melting this morning, flurries on and off all afternoon, with the sun peeking through the clouds from time to time.  It was under these sunshine-with-flurries conditions that I decided to try the trail at Thomas Farm.

I was the only one on this section of the Monocacy Battlefield today.  The last time I was here in the fall, corn was dried in the fields, but not harvested.  Today there was corn stubble in the field between the trail and busy Rt. 270.  The cows which were usually present in another of the fields were much farther away, difficult to see.

I love a lone tree!
I rounded the red barn and took off down the gravel path between fields, paralleling Rt. 270, which was visible through the trees and definitely a roar of traffic in my ears.  During the Civil War, there was nothing between Thomas and Worthington Farms but fields.  The main north/south route in that time was Rt. 355, a few miles away on the other side of Thomas Farm.

Worthington Farm is visible
across Rt. 270 at
the back of the farm.
I walked the path until it deteriorated into a slippery, muddy track, so I turned around and went back to the barn.  All in all I probably walked a mile.

I will come back to finish the trail sometime when it is a little safer and drier in the wooded area.

By the way, today's stats will top 10,000 page views of my blog.
Thank you to everyone who is supporting me on my daily photo walks!  It is because you are reading that I get out there every day and do what I am doing.  Thanks for keeping me on track!



Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos and blogs. I look forward to seeing your post everyday. God bless!

    ReplyDelete