Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 168 - Chartreuse in Buckeystown

(Click any photo to enlarge)

Green Glass Bust
Bank Barn
Brrrr!!  It is cold today!!  The wind just slices through you out there.  So, I have to admit, my walk was a little shorter than usual today. 

I went with my friend Norma, her daughter Joanna, and Joanna's mother-in-law Sandy to Chartreuse, the shabby chic sales event that is held once a month on an old farm in Buckeystown.  The grounds have an old bank barn that houses furniture, a barn with silos that houses tons of decor elements and furniture, a couple of houses (one houses more shabby chic decor), a block building with more stuff, and a fairly large shed with old doors, shutters, and windows.

Doors, Shutters, and Windows
Old Dairy Barn?
Because the opening of Chartreuse once a month is really more of an event than a shopping trip, they open up large fields on the farm to accommodate the parking.  On the first day of a three day sale, cars are waiting in line just to park.  On the third day of the sale, there are still a lot of people, but there is less traffic. 

Time for Wine?
The house had heat!
We parked in the field as directed and walked to the barns.  I went in and out of all of them, toting my big camera and monopod, because they are photographer friendly at Chartreuse, and I have never been disappointed. 

I left my friends and did my walk outside, making the rounds of the property several times, stopping to chat with the parking guy on each round.  He was completely encased in a long duffel coat and hood.  I snapped pictures of the place outside with my little camera, so you can see what is there, if you have never visited before.  It is a good "girls' day out" if you want to plan a trip with friends and then have lunch in Frederick or at Alexander's in Buckeystown.

Vintage Blue Canning Jars
I'm off to Texas in the morning.  For the next week, I'll be walking in San Antonio, Texas.  No hats, gloves, boots, or long johns needed there!







 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment