Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 169 - Bonus Walk! San Antonio

(Click any photo to enlarge)

The Riverwalk
Been to Dick's
How great is it to be able to do two photo walks in one day?  Here is another one for today, from San Antonio, Texas.

I was not sure how my day was going to unfold, so when I arrived at the airport this morning, I took advantage of the time then for a walk and completing the blog.  I admit, it was a little lame, but I erred on the side of caution. After I arrived here, my daughter Lauren wanted to go downtown to the River Walk, so off we went -- there are no rules against doing two walks in one day, after all!

Our first goal was to find the location of the class I am taking on Thursday, and it is right in the heart of downtown.  Then we found parking and just started walking, with no particular plan in mind.

All good cowboys wait
for their gals outside
Victoria's Secret.
Backside of the women's
room door.
The weather is fantastic, and it was such a treat to walk around without a hat, gloves, and a heavy coat.  We made our way down to the riverwalk, and after a little while, we went into a bar for a cold beer.  We both used the women's restroom, and I got quite a start as I was leaving, when I saw the sign on the door in the photo.  The bartender says she gets a laugh every time she sees startled newcomers emerge from the loo.

We went back up to the street level, where we walked in and out of several shops.  One thing I am still not very bold about, or good about, is street photography, and believe me, there were plenty of good opportunities tonight that I either chose not to take or they were just blurry from movement.

Beer sign and saddles - bar decor.

Gorgeous glass!
We ended our walk with perfect margaritas and fajitas.  I look forward to more days in downtown San Antonio.











 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment