Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 164 - A Logo Walk along TJ Drive

(Click on any photo to enlarge it.)

Poor planning today had me scrambling for a walk location.  I had some business on Thomas Johnson Drive, and near 3 p.m., when I left there to find a place to walk, it started to spit rain.  I wasn't well prepared with rain jacket or rubber boots, but there was nothing steady yet, so I parked at the end of TJ Drive, near Hayward Avenue, and walked from there.

Thomas Johnson Drive is in a mixed use/primarily professional building zone.  It has strip after strip of brick buildings with doctor's offices and professional services, with occasional large buildings, like the PNC Bank complex.  As I began my walk, I knew it would be challenging to find anything photo worthy, so I decided that this walk was really about the walk, and the photos were going to be of a theme.  One way to break boredom, especially if walking frequently in the same location, is to do a theme:  everything red; all patterns; great textures; words; everything down low, etc.  Today's theme was logos.

Logos seem to come in three varieties:  just a symbol (think Nike), just letters (words or initials) in a stylized font (Coca-Cola), or a combination of a symbol and words/letters (BMW symbol).  So today along TJ Drive, I collected logos.


While on the walk, I stopped in at Maryland Sportscare and Rehab, where my son-in-law Chris is a physical therapist (shameless plug).  If you need physical therapy in the Frederick area, go see Chris.  If you need PT in the Buckeystown Pike area, a new branch of Maryland Sportscare and Rehab is opening soon in Westview Shopping Center, where my daughter Erin will be the director (another shameless plug).

So, today's walk was really about the walk, which was good on a gray, cold, slightly rainy afternoon.  All this collecting of logos got me to thinking about what kind of logo I would design for myself.  I think it would be a walking camera, with legs wearing sneakers!






 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment