Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 155 - Buckeystown Revisited

(Click on any photo to enlarge.)
Overgrown Abode
My young friend Jessi, who has a 20 month old daughter, finds very little time to get out and take photos, but because her husband was able to stay home today with the little one, she jumped at the chance to go with me on my photo walk.
Stapling glasses to your head
keeps them on for sure!

On a previous blog posting of photos in Buckeystown, Jess remarked that she loved the ivy covered house that looked spooky.  So I promised her a walk in Buckeystown today.  We parked at the closed antiques shop on Rt. 85 in the center of town and walked first going south.

We liked this trike.
Mayne's Tree Farm is at the end of town, and they were filling the sky with billowing gray smoke, burning off their leftover Christmas trees.  Ash was coming down on us like it was snowing.  We decided we didn't care for the air quality, and after snapping a few shots of a big Victorian (I posted some shots of it on my last walk there), we went back toward the town center, stopping in at Bodmer's.  Mr. Bodmer sells wood stoves and his wife sells her handmade pottery in the little stone building that houses their shop.
Pods reveal berries


Hansel and Gretel's place?
We continued north on Rt. 85, stopping to read the historical markers along the way.  Jessi said that she would never have known that the markers were along the roadside unless she was walking, which is what I have found to be so very true.  We miss so much whizzing along in our cars and trucks, and there is much out there to be discovered.

We found the ivy covered house and took some photos, trying out different camera settings and angles.  It was fun to be with a young photographer who wants to learn.  I was a beginner a few years ago, and I am still learning.  We practiced getting good closeup shots, especially on leaves and berries.

Red on red
Wall of icicles!
After we left Buckeystown, we drove along Michaels Mill Rd,  where the Monocacy River was still so full from the recent heavy rains.  Jessi also spotted a wall of icicles dripping down a huge rockface.  The wall was at least 15 feet tall, just covered in layers of ice.

We had a good time together.  Thanks, Jessi, for coming on my walk today!














Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment