Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 162 - Near Baker Park

(Click on any photo to enlarge.)

Impressive Facade
If you look hard, you
can see all seven
of Frederick's famous
Clustered Spires.
Despite the rain this morning, the weather turned positively springlike this afternoon.  I had a meeting on Carroll Creek Parkway at the home of a friend in town at 4:00, so at 3:15 I parked my car near Baker Park and did my walk there. 

My friend's home overlooks Baker Park.  It is also next to a school.  Kids were playing in the school yard, even after school was out.  People were jogging in the park, pushing baby strollers, and walking dogs.  I walked along Carroll Parkway to Frederick High School, then turned left on W. College Terrace.

I love the name of the orthodonists!
The Carroll Parkway neighborhood is lined with neat brick homes; some are duplexes, some are single family.  Around the high school, the neighborhood changes to more commercial. I passed by a bowling alley, a used car dealership, and the office of an orthodonist named Dr. Toothman.  Really!  It reminded me of the dentist I used to have, Dr. Lipps.

Signs of Spring
I turned left on W. Patrick Street, and walked down the street to Carroll Parkway again, completing the circuit.  One of the last photos I took was snowdrops in bloom in one of the front yards.

I "photoshopped" the memorial
plaque onto the tree it references.
Maybe the groundhog was right.  Bring on spring!













 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment