Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 175 - The San Antonio Botanical Gardens

(Click any photo to enlarge)

Quinceanera Beauty
Orchids
After my class ended today, I drove to the San Antonio Botanical Gardens to do my walk.   I chose an excellent place, for sure.  Although the season is still winter, a few daffodils were up, and seasonal plants such as pansies and Swiss chard were in lush abundance.

The gardens are a popular place for photographers to bring friends, family, wedding parties, and models to pose for pictures, and today was no exception.  However, as I was seeing those photographers at work, I was thinking, "You need to add a softbox on the right"; proof positive that my course has gotten me thinking in a new way about photographing people.

Wall Flowers
Ready, focus, shoot!
I walked through the sensory garden, which smelled heavenly, and then on to the conservatories where they had orchids and cacti and palms.  Then I found the pine woods section, with the pond.  There was also a Japanese garden, a children's vegetable garden, and an overlook, which was the second highest spot in elevation in San Antonio.

I got in on the photographer's action!
Cactus Beauty
Whenever you are in a new city, try to see if there is a public botanical garden.  It's a great place for both a walk and for photos.


























 ******************

Visit my photography show, "My Maryland," at the public library in Urbana, Maryland, on the lower level of the building.  It is there until the end of April.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots
Email:  cam.miller@comcast.net

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment