Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 121 - Prices Distillery Road

Warning Sign
I had to think twice
when I saw this.
Happy New Year!  I hope that 2013 will be full of peace, prosperity, and good health. 

I chose today to walk on the gravel portion of Prices Distillery Road.  I parked the car at a nearby subdivision and then took my first photo of the sign that warned drivers of a ford ahead.  Then I headed down the road to the ford, and along the way there were some horses, a bonus I had not counted on.

I reached the ford, which is in a creek that was running swiftly with crystal clear water.  The bottom of the creek was all pebbles, and I am guessing that the water was about 18" deep.  I don't think many drivers actually cross this ford, unless they are in a jacked up 4 wheel drive.

The Ford
Horse hair
I have made a couple of resolutions regarding my daily photo walks, neither of which I kept today, but I have all year to work on them. One is to engage more with people that I meet or encounter on my walks, asking them if I can take their photo and use it on my blog. Photographing people is probably my biggest weakness, so taking some purposeful "portraits" should help. My second resolution is to have more walks with others keeping me company. I don't care if they take photos or not -- I would just like to have more walking partners, especially for some of the locations where I am not comfortable walking by myself. 

If getting more exercise is one of your New Year's resolutions, consider photo walking! 


Just chillin'
 
Hoping for a carrot.













Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment