Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 123 - Shopping Center Circuit

I drove around to scout out some good walking locations.  First I went to Gambrill State Park, but it was closed.  It is at the top of a mountain, and I will look forward to going there in the spring or summer.  There was quite a bit of snow at that elevation.

Second I drove to Braddock Heights, which holds a lot of promise, but none of the sidewalks were shoveled there, and it was not safe to walk in the road.

I started running out of afternoon, since I still have a huge to-do list to accomplish before the weekend, so I parked at Walmart before going into the store to pick up some things I needed, and that's where I walked the entire perimeter of its grounds and the big shopping center adjacent to it.  That provided me with a good 20 minute walk, but it drove home the point to me that we are a very trashy society.  Nearly every bush had a bit of paper or plastic stuck under its branches.  Plastic cups and bottles and fast food bags and paper receipts were littering the ground.  There are plenty of trash receptacles up by the building, but the parking lots and surrounding landscaping were in sore need of a crew to come by and pick up the trash.  I decided to spare you the photos of that mess, since I am sure you have seen plenty of it, too.

I did find a couple of good shadow plays, proving that even in something like a big box store commercial shopping center, you can still create some interesting, abstract photos.

Trees

Lines

Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment