Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 128 - Back to Woodsboro

Glad Valley Mill
I made good on my promise today to go back to Woodsboro and walk the "upper" portion of the town, along Mill and Adams Streets.  It was a beautiful day, so I set out on my mission to not only walk the part I had not done before, but to also see if I could find any Rosebud Salve, mentioned in my last visit to Woodsboro.

George Washington Slept Here!
I parked at Kramer's, a wood supply store at the railroad end of town.  Directly across the street from Kramer's, there is a large, red mill building and on the other side of the tracks, a small old depot building.  I walked up the hill, which was Creagerstown Road, and then onto Main Street, looking for a connecting road that would take me to the upper portion of town.

Waiting for Makeover
I walked up the first one I came to, but it really was a long driveway, leading to several properties at the top of the hill.  So, down I came, grateful that there was no ice, and continued along Main Street until I came to Gravel Hill Road.

Reach for the Sky
At the top of Gravel Hill, I found the Southern States store and its grain elevators.  I went inside to inquire about Rosebud products, and they told me that the grocery store, Trout's, had them near the office area.  I asked and was granted permission to take some photos from between the grain silos, and then I walked downhill again to S. Adams Street, which paralleled Main Street.  I continued along Adams until it ended, then went down the hill to Main Street and doubled back into town.
Pretty Creepers

Rosebud Products
Inside Trout's, I did find the Rosebud salves, lip balms, and soaps.  Of course, I bought some.  Then I crossed the street to go behind the Rosebud Building, to see if there were any signs of life about it, but all I saw was one light shining in one window.  I walked down another block and then back up the hill to Kramer's. 

All in all, I had a good hour's walk in Woodsboro, and now I will look forward to using my Rosebud Lip Balm!

Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment