Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 149 - A Walk with Caden

(Click on any photo to enlarge.)

Caden
Up a tree
When the phone rings at 7:15 a.m. on a weekday, I usually answer it with, "Who's sick?"  99% of the time, it is my daughter calling me for last minute babysitting.  Today, the answer was "Caden."  He is not sick in the sense of a fever or vomiting, but because of a worrisome rash, so I am keeping him until his Dad picks him up for a doctor appointment this afternoon.

The first words out of Caden's mouth when he arrived at my house at 7:30 were, "I want to ride my bike!"  I told him we had to wait a little while, and at 10:30, out we went. 

Leftover Egg Shell
The Ice Spider
It is positively springlike outside.  As I am writing this, the sun is shining and the temperature is 61 degrees.  We wore our sweatshirts for the walk, and both of us were quite warm by the end of it.

We rode around the streets in my neighborhood, stopping to photograph melting ice on the drainage pond.  I used some Photoshop tricks to turn the ice photo into a cool ice spider.  Caden really likes the final image, even though he wouldn't get near a spider.

Packing a tight one
When we approached the clubhouse, Caden remembered the Easter Egg hunt there last April, so we looked to see if there were any leftover eggs in the bushes.  Then he wanted to see the pool.  I told him we could go swimming if it was open, but he told me that it was closed up.  Next I taught him how to make a snowball; we lobbed a bunch of them over the pool fence and watched them splat on the concrete.

No Swimming Today

  We had a great walk today.  Sometimes, being sick at Grandma's house is a lot of fun!



















Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment