Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 122 - One Third of the Way in Woodsboro, MD

Bank doors
Holiday Traveler
I got out my calculator and divided 365 by 3, which makes 121.6666.  That rounds up to 122, so today I have officially completed one third of my year of daily photo walking.  And I got a surprise today, too!

Rosebud Building
Still in Operation!
Rooftop Advertising
Well, it was not a big or exciting surprise, but when I walked in Woodsboro, I discovered the "Rosebud Perfume Company."

I  read the wooden sign on a big three story brick building right in the center of town, directly across the street from the Woodsboro Bank.  I thought perhaps it was just something historic and not an actual, still-in-operation company.  Surprise!  I Googled the company when I got home, and discovered that Rosebud products are sold around the world!  They are carried by companies like Sephora and Urban Outfitters.  Who knew?  I have no idea where the factory is located in the town, or if the products are now manufactured somewhere else, but the address for the company is still in Woodsboro.  Check out the link above and read about its history, as well as the history of the founder, Dr. Smith. 

Locked

Woodsboro today is a small town spread out along Main Street, beginning with the railroad on one end and the town cemetery on the other end.  In the middle is a grocery store called Trout's and a bank.  There are no restaurants or cafes or pizza places in the center of town, but one or two are located at the ends of town.  Nor are there any shops -- not a gift shop or a book shop or a thrift shop or even an antiques shop, which I thought was a little unusual for a town the size of Woodsboro.

For you, Jan.
There also was an "upper" portion of the town, and next time I go, I will begin at the railroad end and walk the upper half.
















Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment