Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 125 - Worman's Mill

Walking down Beige Street
I had never been in Worman's Mill before, so today I chose it for my walking location.  It is a development consisting of condominiums, single family homes, townhouses (oops -- "villas") and more.  I had no idea that the place was so huge!

Winter Flowers
There was a lot of new construction going on, so I followed the "Model Homes This Way" signs until I found them, knowing that I could probably find parking there without needing a resident tag.  I found myself in a section called "Mill Island," which turned out for me to be a good place to have chosen, because there actually was a mill in Worman's Mill, and this area had the ruins preserved.

The Mill at Worman's Mill
There were nice, wide streets, walking paths, and sidewalks.  It was an ideal place for walkers and runners -- if you aren't bored easily.

Every house was either tan or beige or brick.  Although the developer/builders have added "character elements" such as porches, garages, turrets, sunrooms, or given some of the homes a "Tudor Cottage" look, everything was so much the same.  I find this to be so true in new developments, whether they are in Maryland or in Florida or in Texas.  Isn't vinyl siding made in colors other than white or tan or beige or pale gray?   Even if stone is used, it is gray or beige.  Whatever happened to color?


Walking in subdivisions, mine included, may be safe and great for pushing strollers, but I'll take a small town or an old, established neighborhood with 75+ year old homes any day.  I'll just have to pay good attention to the trip hazards.


Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment