Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 139 - Pheasant Run Bed & Breakfast, PA

Pheasant Run Farm House
This morning, I walked the grounds of the Pheasant Run Farm Bed & Breakfast, where my friend Beamie and I are staying here in PA.  There are a number of acres, mostly cleared, which contain a horse barn, a pasture, the main house, the barn that is converted into a B&B, a "gentleman's lodge," and a storage barn. 

Cracked Ice
We got up at 7:15 in time for the sunrise.  The temps were cold enough to freeze the ground and the puddles on the property.  We walked down to see the horses, then went up into the paths in the woods past the "gentlemen's lodge" and the pavilion where the weddings are held on the property.  This area is also bordered by a small stream. 

The Bed & Breakfast Portion
Next we walked across the field to get a better view of the trees on the golden ridge, then continued across the field to the frozen puddles.  Cracking the ice was like cracking glass, which created great shards.  There were muddy deer tracks around the puddles.

Three trees
This is a beautiful location, with fabulous rooms and furnishings, stone and old timbers, reclaimed barn siding floors, and antiques galore.  What a magical place to have a wedding.  If I ever come back to Amish country, I will definitely stay here again at the Pheasant Run Farm Bed & Breakfast.























Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment