Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 137 - Mt. Airy, North Main Street

(Click on any photo to enlarge it.)

Radiators Cut Loose
Elegant Living Quarters
I will admit that I wasted some time today before I did my walk.  I had the idea to drive to Woodbine and/or Lisbon, both of which are off the same exit on Rt. 70, but once I got there and drove for miles in each direction on Rt. 94, there just was not anywhere that inspired me.  I could not find a "town" with sidewalks in either location, but I did find a great farm called Larriland (for you, Norma!) that I will visit for sure in the spring and summer.  It is huge, with a beautiful large pond and acres of fields for their "pick-your-own" operation.

Cracked Glass
It smelled like bacon here!
I finally gave up and ended up in Mt. Airy, and this time I walked North Main Street.  I parked near a plumbing supply store and walked up the hill, finding some old Victorians high on hills above the street, an elementary school, a new middle school under construction, a meat store, and the fire department.  

Back in town, I window-shopped a little; then, on my way back to the car I looked into the windows of the old bank, where work is being done to renovate the old building.

There is still more of Mt. Airy to explore, but that will be for another day.


Victorian on the hill

Hurricane Sandy Relief: Donate to the Red Cross, and I will mail you a 5 x 7 print from any of the photos I have posted on my blog OR any photo on my website.

Forward to me via email a receipt for donating to the Red Cross. Tell me whether the photo is from the blog or the website, and Include its title along with a mailing address. The name on the receipt to the Red Cross must match the name of the mailing recipient. Send the receipt and the photo request to camscamerashots@gmail.com.


Click on any photo to enlarge it.
*************************************************
Visit my web site: camscamerashots.zenfolio.com
Follow me on Twitter: @camscamerashots

Cam's rules for the Daily Photo Walk:
  1. walk every day
  2. the walk must be in addition to any other planned activity for the day
  3. post a photo every day
  4. use my Nikon P7100 (it is a very convenient size and weight)
  5. no weather excuses
  6. walk only where it is safe to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment